Welcome to the next evolution of office design: intelligent nature soundscapes for a multi-sensory experience. Impact partnered with the Habitat Soundscaping team to distill this complex story into a lighthearted narrative, peppered full of easter eggs, cloned actors and nuanced humor.
• The miniature office was hand fabricated by Production Designer, Zoe Kim. The box was mounted on pole that we later comped out in post.
• The lead actor was duplicated 13 times throughout the video in order to portray multiple roles simultaneously. This effect was achieved by filming with a robotic arm to precisely repeat the camera moves.
• The production was a total of five days of filming across more than a dozen scenes.
• The Niagara Falls scene (1:28) was the first ever production at our newly built Santa Cruz studio location.
• The tight wraparound head shot (1:35) was achieved with a speed ramped robotic arm movement with the camera only inches from the actor’s face.
• For the final river shot, the entire crew was wearing large yellow rubber boots, and unfortunately about 1 in 3 books leaked — so it quickly became Russian “boot” roulette.
Check out the behind the scenes of Plantronics Habitat Soundscape where our team deployed our robotic arm for the first time, filmed in twelve locations, and duplicated our actor in multiple scenes. This wasn’t complicated at all!